ALTA BEST PRACTICES THIRD PARTY CERTIFIED
Title Financial Corporation and its subsidiaries, First American Title Company Inc., First American Title Company of Montana, Inc., and First American Title Company, LLC are pleased to announce that we have received ALTA Best Practices Certification from a third party Certified Public Accounting firm. We received the certification on January 1, 2016, and continue to be committed to exceeding the standards established by the American Land Title Association’s 7 Pillars of Best Practices.
1. All licensing and renewal requirements are in place to conduct business.
2. Controls for Escrow Trust Accounts are in place to protect and safeguard client funds.
3. A Privacy and Information Security program exists to increase protection of private and confidential consumer information.
4. Settlement procedures are in place to ensure timely recordings and correct fees are collected for premiums and other services provided.
5. Policy delivery and remittance meets statutory and/or contractual requirements.
6. The appropriate professional liability, fidelity coverage, and/or errors and omissions insurance is in place to comply with state and underwriting agreements.
7. A process for receiving and addressing consumer complaints.